Recovery of synctoy deleted files RRS feed

• Question

• I chose the wrong option in synctoy and ended up deleting a lot of files that I need. The rigid disc from where the files were deleted was not used since then. So, I believe that nothing was written on top of the old files. I say so because I found out about my mistake as I finshed doing the operation. I have tried a three recovery tools and, even though, they see the files and say they have been recovered succssfully, none of the files can be opened. The names are OK, the sizes are indicated, the format, etc, but I can not open anyone. Is there a solution for my problem.

Thanks,

Jr

Friday, March 19, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Jr, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Synctoy issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Synctoy forum:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/synctoy/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, March 29, 2010 2:29 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 3:06 AM