How do I uninstall? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cannot find an uninstall option in the "Add or Remove Programs" in the control panel of the WHS. How do I uninstall the beta when the real thing comes along. I also noticed that in the list that the "Add or Remove Programs" generates, almost everything is listed as 24.37MB with a last used date of 1/14/08. All of these seem to be programs or files that PP1 updated. There are too many listed this way to be coincidence. The connector program also list the system drive as 50GB in size and the C: drive under WHS is listed as 20GB. Anyone else experience these little inconsistancies?
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:52 AM

Answers

• See this post...copied here so you don't have to go to it....

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3462626&SiteID=50

How do I upgrade my server to Power Pack 1 when Power Pack 1 is released?:

To upgrade your server to the released version of Power Pack 1, Remote Desktop into your server, open Add / Remove Programs from Control Panel, select the Show Updates checkbox, and remove the RC4 release (titled PRERELEASE Windows Home Server Power Pack 1), reboot your server, and then run Windows Update to download and install the RTM version of Power Pack 1.

The System drive size reporting is by design, the size is now calculated based on the size of the C drive, and anything stored outside of D:\Shares or D:\folders.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:06 AM