RAM RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP mx70 with 224 MS of RAM.  I downloaded the OneCare Trial and ran it.  Now I have purchased the OneCare software from Costco and it says that I need 256 MB of Ram to install the program.  I'm confused and don't want to open the package if it won't install right.  Any one help would be great.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 4:06 AM

Answers

• If you have less than 256 megs of RAM available, you are at the borderline for OneCare. However, since you are currently running the trial version, you already did the installation. All you need to do is subscribe or activate using the retail key from the package you bought (inside the package). Don't uninstall the trial.

I would recommend investigating a memory upgrade, though, as your computer experience will be much improved. The MX70 is your monitor model, by they way, so I was unable to verify the base memory for your PC.

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:26 PM

All replies

• If you have less than 256 megs of RAM available, you are at the borderline for OneCare. However, since you are currently running the trial version, you already did the installation. All you need to do is subscribe or activate using the retail key from the package you bought (inside the package). Don't uninstall the trial.

I would recommend investigating a memory upgrade, though, as your computer experience will be much improved. The MX70 is your monitor model, by they way, so I was unable to verify the base memory for your PC.

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Thanks Steve.  Sorry about the wrong model, I'm obviously not vey computer savvy. The computer model is HP522c.

I will do as you suggested and not uninstall the trail.  Thank you agian for your help.

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:36 PM
  • You're welcome and good luck.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:17 AM