compatibility of windows live one-care and my vista home premium windows security center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody:  Has anybody received this message in their malware section of their security center?  "virus protection----windows live one-care is on but is reporting its status to windows security center in a format that is no longer supported.  Use the program's automated updating feature, or con
    tact the program manufacturer for updated version."   (I tried both of these)   
        About 2 months ago, I went to Best Buy and purchased a mid-range Gateway notebook (model # MD7818u) and have been very satisfied with it.  A week ago, I bought a 1 year contract of windows live one-care and so far it hasn't jelled with my windows security at all.  I've tried to restart the winss service, downloaded & ran the one-care virus & spyware repair tool....both to no avail..
         I do have a 2 year maintenance agreement with Best Buy, but I'm the type of person that if I can fix it myself, damn it I will!  Besides, how else are you going to learn, right?  I'll have to admit, I definitely am stuck between 2 hard spots?!.......Any suggestions out there?   Thanx in advance,  Bob     Note: almost forgot.....on my firewall & malware settings, I can reset them back "on",  but they turn back off after about 5 minutes.   
    Friday, July 24, 2009 2:34 AM

Answers