Rename Advanced Find View Columns RRS feed

• Question

• I am constructing Adv.Find View programatically and embedding into Iframe. Is there a way to rename the Column properties on View? I'm looking for the tag name, i tried using alias="FriendlyName" but that doesn't work.

'<cell name="relCon.opportunityid" width="100" disableSorting="1" />';

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi 

I hope this is not possible by any supported way.

Even from the CRM interface we wont be able to change the Column name. 
    This is automatically mapped to attribute display name in the defaultadvancedfind view of the entity.

Also LayoutXML (gridXML) maps the display name of the attributes for displaying it.

Regards
    Vinoth
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:11 PM
  • You can change the column header name by adding onreadystate event to Ifframe and look for <th> with attributes "entityname" and "fieldname" .Once you get the element <Th> look for child <nobr> and set inner text as you like( your friendly name).

Find below sample gridview header html .

<

th class="ms-crm-List-Sortable" title="Price Per Unit" entityname="salesorderdetail"

fieldname="priceperunit" field="priceperunit">

<nobr>Price Per Unit</nobr>

</th>

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi 

I hope this is not possible by any supported way.

Even from the CRM interface we wont be able to change the Column name. 
    This is automatically mapped to attribute display name in the defaultadvancedfind view of the entity.

Also LayoutXML (gridXML) maps the display name of the attributes for displaying it.

Regards
    Vinoth
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:11 PM
  • You can change the column header name by adding onreadystate event to Ifframe and look for <th> with attributes "entityname" and "fieldname" .Once you get the element <Th> look for child <nobr> and set inner text as you like( your friendly name).

Find below sample gridview header html .

<

th class="ms-crm-List-Sortable" title="Price Per Unit" entityname="salesorderdetail"

fieldname="priceperunit" field="priceperunit">

<nobr>Price Per Unit</nobr>

</th>

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:47 PM