none
Beware Dropbox

Question

• I recently set up dropbox on my pc.While reviewing my event logs i noticed all sorts of errors related to dropbox. Idecided to uninstall dropbox from my pc because of the nature of some of the events. I used the dropbox uninstaller and it appeared that all went well untii i checked my eent logs later. There was the error removing dropbox .After hours of searching i found a folder that was hashed. I had to take own to open it but there was dropbox  looking like its own little os. I decided to check my reg and found all kinds of keys that were written by dropbox some hashed some not.I even found that dropbox had three dcom services. After getting drob box out of my pc my pc started having waaay more problems. lots of running processes high cpu net work usage etc. I wound up doing a clean install and all is back to normal. Though i lost all of my info for my projects. This program has a history of malware trojans and other problems.Please be wary
    Sunday, May 08, 2016 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You might bring this up in the Virus and Malware forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Hello,

You might bring this up in the Virus and Malware forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:39 PM
  • ok will do.thanks for the advice .
    Monday, May 09, 2016 1:50 PM
  • You are welcome.

Glad to help.

Karl

Monday, May 09, 2016 4:56 PM