Windows Live Domain Down? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    As to the remote access issue I have 8 WHS running that I maintain. Most of my small buisness clients have been usinfg WHS for remote access and backups. And right now I think Windows live Domain is down. I can access some servers but when I go into the control pannel (if I can get that far) I'm getting the same errors on all 8. That windows live domian is not available. I do not know how long tjis has been the issue but I do not think it's the routers or WHS. Anybody have any idea what's going on on MS end?
    Remote access has been great up till now.

The errors I get on all 8 are:

In Domain Name Details
    Verifying your Internet connection to Windows Live (with a red x in front)

Also in Router config staus
    errors are:

verifying that your router is accepting Website connections

verifying that your router is accepting Remote Access connections

both also have red x's
    Iknow RDT is working because I also have a VPN tunnel up and RDT works fine
    I have not changed anything and now I have remote problems with all 8 WHS at the same time has to be MS SITE IS DOWN!

Or a recent update is causing the problem.

Jimi

Computers don't save time they just reallocate how we spend it.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:42 AM

Answers

• Yes, I think Windows Live Domains is having issues. There is nothing to do but wait for the problem to be corrected, I'm afraid.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:53 AM
  • Hi Jimi,
    as a workaround for such incidents you can get a free dynamic DNS account on a service like www.dyndns.org and register a free website there. Many routers support to add this information to their configuration and propagate the IP address to that service on their own. This allows you to remote access your Windows Home Server also, if the homeserver.com domain services have an issue.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:13 AM

All replies

• Yes, I think Windows Live Domains is having issues. There is nothing to do but wait for the problem to be corrected, I'm afraid.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:53 AM
  • Thanks,

I'll stop pulling my hair out now and put the lime back, lol!
    Jimi

Computers don't save time they just reallocate how we spend it.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:11 AM
  • Hi Jimi,
    as a workaround for such incidents you can get a free dynamic DNS account on a service like www.dyndns.org and register a free website there. Many routers support to add this information to their configuration and propagate the IP address to that service on their own. This allows you to remote access your Windows Home Server also, if the homeserver.com domain services have an issue.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:13 AM