none
"Last Reply By" not updating properly RRS feed

• Question

• You'll block my account yet ;)

The "Last Reply By" line which shows up when you review a listing of threads in a forum (for instance, the SQL Server Tools General forum) isn't accurate.  For instance, if I look at the thread entitled "Ad Hoc Queries" in that forum, it says "Last Reply By SQLUSA 1 hour 35 minutes ago".  In reality, if you expand the thread, you will see that the last reply was posted by knowledgy 1 hour and 27 minutes ago (as of right now).

I've tried refreshing to make sure that it's not just a stale page.  Again, this one is not critical - just thought I'd log it!
    Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogpot.com
    • Edited by Aaron Alton Monday, December 15, 2008 6:25 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Aaron Alton said:

You'll block my account yet ;)

The "Last Reply By" line which shows up when you review a listing of threads in a forum (for instance, the SQL Server Tools General forum) isn't accurage.  For instance, if I look at the thread entitled "Ad Hoc Queries" in that forum, it says "Last Reply By SQLUSA 1 hour 35 minutes ago".  In reality, if you expand the thread, you will see that the last reply was posted by knowledgy 1 hour and 27 minutes ago (as of right now).

I've tried refreshing to make sure that it's not just a stale page.  Again, this one is not critical - just thought I'd log it!

Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogpot.com

Agreed.
    For example: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasecurity/threads/
    Look at the thread entitled "Forgotten password with no physical way in".

Cheers,

Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:56 AM
  • I'm seeing this, as well, in the Windows Live OneCare forums I moderate.
    In fact, I'm a bit irked by the fact that new threads within a forum topic folder are not identified as new activity until you are in that topic folder looking at the list of threads. I don't care about Last reply, I care about last post. I want to know that there was any activity in the topic folder since my last visit without having to open every folder to check.
    However, just going by the "last Reply" value, I have encountered a slightly different view of the problem. At the top level of the forum (group of several topic folders) I see a last reply by.... I open the topic folder and that thread that had the new activity is not at the top of the thread list, it is actually further down. This morning I found a thread on page 2 that had the last reply attribute carried forward to the forum index page. Not good.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, December 15, 2008 8:03 PM
  • I think it's working perfectly fine now. :)
    Mangal Pardeshi. You can turn off the SUN, but I'm still gonna shine. ;)
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

I see that there is one reply from mangal pardeshi for my query. But when I click on the thread, I am able to view only my question and not the answer posted by mangal pardeshi. Is there any problem with the thread?

Friday, December 19, 2008 1:35 PM