SyncConfiguration - where is it? RRS feed

• Question

• In Synchronization Services 1.0, Rafik's SyncGuru samples for the Oracle backend used this line to add a SyncTable object:

syncAgent.Configuration.SyncTables.Add(tableOrders)

The SyncAgent doesn't have a Configuration object any more. I see in the docs for Sync Services 2.0 (CTP1) that there is a SyncConfiguration class, but I don't know how to use it. The existing samples for CTP1 don't have any reference to SyncConfiguration.

Any help much appreciated - very tight timeline...

Dave Michel

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:46 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

Which bits are you using, the CTP1 that is part of Microsoft Sync Framework?

If yes, then you should find  the SyncConfiguration object on the SqlCeClientSyncProvider instead of the agent object. The sample code works fine with v1 of sync services for ADO.NET

Thanks

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Which bits are you using, the CTP1 that is part of Microsoft Sync Framework?

If yes, then you should find  the SyncConfiguration object on the SqlCeClientSyncProvider instead of the agent object. The sample code works fine with v1 of sync services for ADO.NET

Thanks

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:41 AM
  • Thanks very much for the timely responses to my flurry of posts, Rafik. Indeed, there it was, even though I've worked my way through the list twice before. I like the new CTP1 namespace layout - makes much more sense, especially when using SyncServices through a web service.

I've been building my SyncTables and SyncSchema from Oracle schema. The next step is to build all the queries from Oracle schema.

I very much appreciate the help.

Dave

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:52 AM