Starting time RRS feed

• Question

• I have my tune up and virus scan set for 3am Sunday and yet like clockwork One Care starts running in the middle of the day, in the morning.....etc. How can I get it to run when I set it to run?

Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• If your computer is not on at 3 am then when you do turn it on the tuneup and virus scan will run, if this is not the case I would seek up from support found through here  http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2 

chuck

Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:29 PM
  •  flynn'81 wrote:

I have my tune up and virus scan set for 3am Sunday and yet like clockwork One Care starts running in the middle of the day, in the morning.....etc. How can I get it to run when I set it to run?

There's another possibility here.  OneCare has two different schedules for the Virus Scan: one occurs during TuneUp; but you'll notice there's also a Virus Scan scheduler under the Virus & Spyware tab which is independent of the TuneUp schedule.  I'm supposing that the purpose of this is to make sure that a virus scan is done often enough, especially if someone doesn't have TuneUp set to turn very often.  In other words, let's say you have TuneUp set to run at 3 AM on Sunday: if the virus scan schedule under the Virus & Spyware tab is set to run a scan every day at a certain time, it will run that scan in addition to the weekly scan it does during tune up.

So, I suggest you check the virus scan schedule under the Virus & Spyware tab and see when it's set to run.  I have TuneUp set to run at 2 AM on Sunday, and the virus scan scheduled to run at 4 AM on Wednesday, so I'm getting a virus scan twice a week.

My understanding is that if the two schedules are set to the same or overlapping times, the one under the Virus & Spyware tab will be canceled out by the TuneUp schedule.

Balt

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 7:41 PM