Looking for way to disable the delete icon on sub-grid - CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• As some of you are aware the new CRM 2013 subgrid has a small delete icon on the left side when you highlight a record in the subgrid view. I am looking for a way to disable that Icon. We have a 1:N relationship between Accounts to serve as "distributors" of customers. Then on the Distributor form there is a sub grid that shows all of the associated customers they are distributors to. The problem is a user can click the little delete icon and actually delete the record on accident.

Thanks!

Friday, December 13, 2013 11:01 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, it is not possible to remove the sub-grid's delete icon in a supported way. Even if a user clicks delete accidentally, the record is not directly deleted; a delete confirmation prompt is shown to the user. As you would know, you can control the delete privileges of a user using security roles.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Monday, December 16, 2013 5:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Gergen Monday, December 16, 2013 2:18 PM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

Usually hiding the button (may be delete etc.) is usually accompanied with the coding for checking security roles since you would not have that button hidden for even administrator role.

This is where security roles actually play a role.

if you restrict the user or team with removing the delete role for the associated entity for which you are showing the sub-grid, your delete button will be automatically hidden for that role but still it will be available to the administrator role and other roles for which delete role is given by you. You can go to Settings --> Administration --> Security Roles --> Open the security role for which you need to control the delete functionality.

The sample screenshot is given below:

I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Monday, December 16, 2013 5:42 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 5:42 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, it is not possible to remove the sub-grid's delete icon in a supported way. Even if a user clicks delete accidentally, the record is not directly deleted; a delete confirmation prompt is shown to the user. As you would know, you can control the delete privileges of a user using security roles.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Monday, December 16, 2013 5:51 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

Usually hiding the button (may be delete etc.) is usually accompanied with the coding for checking security roles since you would not have that button hidden for even administrator role.

This is where security roles actually play a role.

if you restrict the user or team with removing the delete role for the associated entity for which you are showing the sub-grid, your delete button will be automatically hidden for that role but still it will be available to the administrator role and other roles for which delete role is given by you. You can go to Settings --> Administration --> Security Roles --> Open the security role for which you need to control the delete functionality.

The sample screenshot is given below:

I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Monday, December 16, 2013 5:42 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 5:42 AM
  • This is what I thought the answer would be. Thanks. 
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

Please mark as answer if this resolves your query as it would help others to quickly get their resolution.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:17 PM
  • I understand that this is old thread, but if you have not found supported solution here is one: Use RibbonWorkbench2013 and hide Delete and Remove buttons in "SUB GRID" area:

Other buttons are also disabled as I needed to prevent deletion from UI. Please note that this will not prevent users to delete record using workflow or plugin.

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:19 PM