Help with XP Connector Installation-Installation is cancelled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've searched the forums and cannot find a solution to this error:

I receive an error with WHS connector installation on one XP SP3 Media center machine.  The installation stops with an unexpected error message.  I've checked other posts and did have to uninstall my Logitech camera software, that enabled instalation to start, but this error still persists.  The server dashboard actually shows the computer listed, but with unknown properties.  I successfully have installed connector software on one Win 7 and another XP machine with no problems.

I do have entries in the error log corresponting to the times I've tried the install -

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2}. The error:

"Access is denied. "

Happened while starting this command:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe -secured -Embedding

Any thoughts?

Saturday, October 1, 2011 9:33 PM

All replies

• You may be want to check out this KB article:
    Event ID 10000 is logged in the Application log on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that has Terminal Server enabled

?
    - Theo

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Thanks, but those registry entries exist.  Any other thoughts?

Z

Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:36 PM
  • So here's more info - I noticed windows updates are not installing, including malicious and critical updates; they seem to install, but fail and show up as needing installation. Also Microsoft FixIt stops loading in a similar way that WHS connector does, I've tired this with Windows firewall turned off, and my antivirus (ESET) off, still nothing. Cleary something with the registry, I'm just stumped where to look next.
    • Edited by ZenoneZ Monday, October 3, 2011 12:33 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 12:23 AM
  • I bring this thread alive because I am now having the same issue. The client is WIndows 7 Ultimate x64, not Windows XP the OP was using. My situatio nis more complicated. The client was working well with the server 2011 and backup was performed regularily. From several days ago, I realized that the client became not recognized by the server. So I tried restarting the client several times without success. I then uninstalled the connector and try to reinstall the connector. Now 'The installation is cancelled' error happened and the connector can't be installed anymore.

No obvious error event was recorded on the server. No obvious event error was recorded on the client mamchine also.

Does anyone have any comment or recommendation? Thank you!

Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:20 AM