MS Money 2007 using Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have MS Money 2007 using Vista on my old computer. I now have a new computer and would like to still us Money or use an updated version. Is there a new version? Will I be able to transfer my data from Money 2007 (Vista) to my new computer (Windows 8.1)?
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:34 PM

All replies

• Money 2007 should work fine on Windows 8.1.  Install Money on your new computer using your Money 2007 disk and then copy your .mny file from your old computer to the documents folder on your new computer.  Then just double-click the .mny file it to open it.

If you are in the US or Canada and want to upgrade to the most recent version of Money (US Money Sunset), it is available for download from the second "sticky" post in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

If you install US Money Sunset it will be able to open your Money 2007 file and convert your file to the Money Sunset format.  If you go that route, be sure to back up the downloaded installation file.  You will need that file to re-install Money Sunset if you need to do so in the future, and the download link may, at some point, become unavailable.

Post back if you have any difficulties.

Bill Becker

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:20 AM