mpi.dll RRS feed

• Question

• My PC OS is Windows HPC Server 2008

When I use HPC Cluster Manager add Task to MPI.exe (Hello world) , the task error message:

ERROR: unable to read the cmd header on the pmi context, Error= -1

How do I solve this problem !?

Did OS lack "mpi.dll"  !?  If it did,how can I found the  "mpi.dll" !?

Or problem have else !?

by the way....

Do you install MPICH2 (x86 or x64) ?

The MPICH2 have to install !?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Yujin,

when using Windows HPC server 2008, you already have MPI, i.e. MSMPI. it is part of HPC server 2008. The related MSMPI binaries are under %ccp_home%\Bin (mpiexec.exe, smpd.exe, msmpisvc.exe etc)

1) You cannot mix MPICH2 with MSMPI.
    2) HPC scheduler doesn't support MPICH2 by default. So running any MPICH2 MPI with HPC scheduler will fail.
    3) about "mpi.dll", MSMPI doesn't have this dll. it seems like froming MPICH2.  If your MPI.exe are built with MPICH2, please rebuild it with MSMPI SDK.

Hope this helps,

Liwei

• Marked as answer by YuJinSu Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Yujin,

when using Windows HPC server 2008, you already have MPI, i.e. MSMPI. it is part of HPC server 2008. The related MSMPI binaries are under %ccp_home%\Bin (mpiexec.exe, smpd.exe, msmpisvc.exe etc)

2) HPC scheduler doesn't support MPICH2 by default. So running any MPICH2 MPI with HPC scheduler will fail.
    3) about "mpi.dll", MSMPI doesn't have this dll. it seems like froming MPICH2.  If your MPI.exe are built with MPICH2, please rebuild it with MSMPI SDK.

Hope this helps,

Liwei

• Marked as answer by YuJinSu Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:35 AM
  • Hi Yujin,

Hope this helps,

Liwei

Thank you !!

I will try rebuild my MPI program with MSMPI's mpi.h and msmp.lib

Because MPI program build use MPICH2 mpi.h and msmp.lib
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:43 AM