none
configuring outlook express RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    I have configured outlook express to download mail from my gmail account to my pc. gmail also provides u the facilty to download mail from other email services such as yahoo, rediff, sify. I havent been able to configure my gmail account to be able to do so. while emails can be sent using any account thru gmail, i m not able to download the incoming mail.

Does anyone know the settings for doing so.

Monday, March 19, 2007 3:16 AM

Answers

• In order to enable Gmail to fetch your mails from Yahoo or Hotmail, you need to
    have a premium user account

POP3 is enabled only for premium user accounts in Yahoo and Hotmail

Monday, March 19, 2007 7:42 AM

All replies

• In order to enable Gmail to fetch your mails from Yahoo or Hotmail, you need to

Monday, March 19, 2007 7:42 AM
  • yes varun. you are right.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 11:44 AM
  •  VARUN_PATHAK_db1861 wrote:

In order to enable Gmail to fetch your mails from Yahoo or Hotmail, you need to

Absolutely right.. you need a pop3 enabled to do that.. you get pop3 enabled A/c from your Internet provider... we always use to think that why are the internet providers boost on their email accounts of 2 mb or 5 mb where as we get 2 gb in gmail or yahoo.. this is the reason, this email a/c provide pop3 enabled email a/c which can be configured in the outlook....

Monday, March 19, 2007 1:54 PM
  • u need to mainly configure the pop3 mail box address...for that refer FAQ page of Yahoo...
    Monday, March 19, 2007 5:07 PM