Retrieve Addtional Information from the Internet - What folders does this setting impact? RRS feed

• Question

• I've searched on this board and also on the internet, I know that this setting is now disabled by default.  My question is, when It's re-enabled, what folders will it attempt to retrieve addtional information from the internet for?  I have tons of songs in my Music folder - it would be great for this feature to perform this action on that folder.  However, I also have a folder - My Data with media files I wouldn't want this to be peformed on (don't want to remove meta data info).   Any information here please?

Thanks,

JP

Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:50 PM

All replies

• Any "media" folder, i.e. any folder you've indicated you want streaming turned on for. I'll note in passing that you will not like the results if you've done extensive tagging of your media already; it will overwrite anything you've done, and it's very unlikely that it will be as complete, or conform to your preferred tagging scheme. It will also download album art from the Internet, at a resolution of 200x200. If you haven't embedded album art in your media (i.e. you have a "folder.jpg" file in each album's folder) it will overwrite that too.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:01 PM