Demigrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have seen a lot of people having issues with the Demigrator service. I add myself now to that group.
    suddenly without a clue why, this service does not start anymore. i do have a disk with my movies on it with about 1Tb on data, now duplicated. 
    i need the space, so i unchecked the box for duplication on this Videos share. and now i have 1Tb on "system" space.

does anyone know how to fix this service? remove it and replace it?
    I have tried to reinstall WHS, but no success.

Rimmert 
    Friday, November 14, 2008 3:49 PM

All replies

• Rimmert said:

Hi, I have seen a lot of people having issues with the Demigrator service. I add myself now to that group.
    suddenly without a clue why, this service does not start anymore. i do have a disk with my movies on it with about 1Tb on data, now duplicated. 
    i need the space, so i unchecked the box for duplication on this Videos share. and now i have 1Tb on "system" space.

does anyone know how to fix this service? remove it and replace it?
    I have tried to reinstall WHS, but no success.

Rimmert 

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to submit a bug on Connect? Please use the toolkit to collect CAB files and if for some reason you cannot use the toolkit, please collect them from the following locations:

XP machine:
    %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

Vista machine:

%SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

Server logs:         
    %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

If you receive a -1 error when attempting to submit CABs, this is because one of the log files is too large in the server directory listed above. Please let me know when you submit the bug and I will provide you with a new location to upload the file(s).

You might also want to check the directory listed above for an unusally large file and verify that one of the log files is not causing this issue.

Thank you

Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:22 PM
  •   Hi,

After doing what Lara asks, you could try running 'chkdsk /r' on each of your drives as it could be a disk error causing it to fail.
    Also, you mention a re-install, do you mean you couldn't do the re-install, or it didn't fix the problem?

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Friday, November 14, 2008 6:18 PM