none
Problem in building the softwifi driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have two sora boxes, one is ok, but for the other one, when I build the softwifi driver through "bcz" command, it notified me the errors like the following one:

4>errors in directory e:\sorasdk1.6\src\kmsdr\sdrminiport\dot11config
    4>nmake : error: e:\sorasdk1.6\src\kmsdr\sdrminiport\dot11config\objfre_wxp_x86\
    i386\_objects.mac was changed during the build process and the build results may
     not be valid. Please re-build this directory.

There are 21 errors at all, and I think maybe all the places that should generate the _objects.mac are error.

I install the SDK following the steps in the sora mannual, and the version is 1.6. I try to reinstall it, but the problem is still exsit.

Would you help me to figure out what's wrong with it?

Thanks very much!

Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:55 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the inconvenience in the build process. Could you try below steps?

1. Make sure you change directory to, and build from the Sora root path: ...\SoraSDK2.0\

2. Set the root environment variable in the root path: set sora_root=%CD%

3. Delete all intermediate and output files generated by previous build, you can search and delete folders objfre_*

4. build /cwg

If the problem still happens, please reply this thread to inform us. Please also let us known the detailed OS/build environment. We recommend customers to migrate to latest SoraSDK because it is improved and better supported.

Thanks, -Qi

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:20 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Not sure why you installed SDK 1.6. The newest version is SDK 2.0. Besides, you may want to play with the user mode programs. They are using hwtest driver.
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

I use SDK 1.6 because I use this version when I begin to work on sora,  I can update it to the version 2.0.

I really use the user mode, but I think the "bcz" command is still needed to generate the UMX samples and tools. How can I fix the problem above?

Thanks very much!

Monday, December 2, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Sorry for the inconvenience in the build process. Could you try below steps?

1. Make sure you change directory to, and build from the Sora root path: ...\SoraSDK2.0\

2. Set the root environment variable in the root path: set sora_root=%CD%

3. Delete all intermediate and output files generated by previous build, you can search and delete folders objfre_*

4. build /cwg

If the problem still happens, please reply this thread to inform us. Please also let us known the detailed OS/build environment. We recommend customers to migrate to latest SoraSDK because it is improved and better supported.

Thanks, -Qi

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:20 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thanks very much for your response!

I update the soraSDK to version 2.0, and do the process following your steps,  some new problems occur like the following ones:

1>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\dot11\kernel
    1>e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\dot11\kernel\sources(1) : error U1052: file 'E:\SoraSDK2.0\src\build\sources_ke.inc' not found
    1>nmake.exe /nologo BUILDMSG=Stop. -i /nologo /f c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\bin\makefile.def BUILD_PASS=PASS1 NOLINK=1 MAKEDIR_RELATIVE_TO_BASEDIR= failed - rc = 2

2>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\dot11\user
    2>e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\dot11\user\sources(1) : error U1052: file 'E:\SoraSDK2.0\src\build\sources_ke.inc' not found
    3>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\lutst\kernel
    3>e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\lutst\kernel\sources(1) : error U1052: file 'E:\SoraSDK2.0\src\build\sources_ke.inc' not found
    4>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\lutst\user
    4>e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\lutst\user\sources(1) : error U1052: file 'E:\SoraSDK2.0\src\build\sources_ke.inc' not found
    5>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\mod\kernel
    5>e:\sorasdk2.0\src\bb\dot11a\mod\kernel\sources(1) : error U1052: file 'E:\SoraSDK2.0\src\build\sources_ke.inc' not found
    2>nmake.exe /nologo BUILDMSG=Stop. -i /nologo /f c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\bin\makefile.def BUILD_PASS=PASS1 NOLINK=1 MAKEDIR_RELATIVE_TO_BASEDIR= failed - rc = 2

I should let you know that I have installed successfully sorasdk 1.6 in this machine. But one day when I moved the machine to another place, the data wire inside it comed a little loose; after I fixed the problem, the installed soraSDK is missed(uninstalled). Then I reinstall the winDDK and SDK, the problem appears. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:10 AM
  • Sorry, I wrote the wrong path in Step 1. Please refer my previous post to get it.

Anther option for the build process is documented in Readme.htm in the root folder of SoraSDK.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I have done the process following your process, and the results of "/cwg" command are:

E:\SoraSDK2.0>build /cwg
    BUILD: Compile and Link for x86
    BUILD: Loading c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\build.dat...
    BUILD: Computing Include file dependencies:
    BUILD: Start time: Wed Jan 18 16:42:13 2012
    BUILD: Saving c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\build.dat...
    BUILD: Finish time: Wed Jan 18 16:42:14 2012
    BUILD: Done

However, when I change to the E:\SoraSDK2.0\src directory, and build the project through "bcz" command, the problem is still exist:

3>errors in directory e:\sorasdk2.0\src\kmsdr\phy
    3>nmake : error: e:\sorasdk2.0\src\kmsdr\phy\objfre_wxp_x86\i386\_objects.mac wa
    s changed during the build process and the build results may not be valid. Pleas
    e re-build this directory.

What's the difference between the two commands "/cwg" and "bcz" in building the project? How can I try to solve the problem?

Waiting for your response. Thanks very much!

Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:56 AM
  • Delete all intermediate and output files generated by previous build, you can search and delete folders objfre_*

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:28 AM
    Answerer
  • I have already deleted all the folders objfre_* before executing "/cwg" command, but the problem still exsits.

Is there any other solutions? I intend to reinstall the operation system and all the software.

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:39 AM
  • BTW, when will we use "/cwg"? what's the difference between the "/cwg" and "bcz" commands?

Thanks very much!

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:42 AM
  • 'bcz' is just an alias of 'build /cz'.
    Monday, January 20, 2014 3:32 AM
    Answerer