How do I leave this Forum ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to leave and unregister from the Forums as I am not happy with some replies I got - seems to not be as helpful as it all was a couple of years ago and I cant find a single thing anywhere about how to leave and unregister and remove my user name ?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 4:04 PM

All replies

• When a person replies they are trying to help as best as they can.  If you only got responses from community folks, none of us are paid for our time here.  If you are not happy with replies, perhaps you can go back and indicate that what was given wasn't quite what you needed and to post more questions to help flesh out the answer?  I know when I answer I am giving what I think the person wants.  It may not be and they have to come back and post more.

I'm just saying that I wince when I read that you are leaving because you are not happy with the replies.  Try going back and explaining to the posters why what they are giving you isn't helping.  Many times they think it is helping.

Don't Retire TechNet

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:18 PM
  • There is no procedure to "leave" the forums. Even if a user passes away (it happens), their activity remains and it makes sense to keep their user name (Live ID) attached to their activity. They might have answered questions, posted code examples, published articles, contributed to discussions, etc.. That activity is not removed. If it were, some threads would make no sense.

If the problem you have is with the Expression Web question you recently asked, I think people are trying to help. I recognize one name in the thread from when I had a similar problem a few years ago and I asked for help in the forums. My problem was also not easy to fix. I would encourage you to keep trying. At present, people in the thread are having trouble helping because your original question seems to have vanished. So far, they cannot tell exactly what the problem is. Maybe you can post or link to a smaller page that demonstrates the problem.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, August 30, 2013 7:45 PM
  • And to add on to what Richard gave...

1. Remove your email from the Forum Settings

2. Remove your Alerts on all your forum threads.

Then you won't get any emails. So you're disconnected and "left".

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:51 PM
  • When a person replies they are trying to help as best as they can.  If you only got responses from community folks, none of us are paid for our time here.  If you are not happy with replies, perhaps you can go back and indicate that what was given wasn't quite what you needed and to post more questions to help flesh out the answer?  I know when I answer I am giving what I think the person wants.  It may not be and they have to come back and post more.

I'm just saying that I wince when I read that you are leaving because you are not happy with the replies.  Try going back and explaining to the posters why what they are giving you isn't helping.  Many times they think it is helping.

Don't Retire TechNet

Thanks Susan! Please see this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e455eef3-1461-49b0-b770-3e14df2ff807/needed-more-answerers

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:54 PM