Difference between Business Unit and Parent Child Business Unit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Techies,

I have been asking this questions from last few days. As could not convince my self , I googgled it and read, But still i have little confusion here.

Business Unit:

If a user has BU level access , I know that user will have access to its business unit and shared records to the user.

Confusion:

Can that user will have access to its child BU records?

Ex: As per above image User A has BU access with SOUTH INDIA

i. Will he be able to access AP, TG and TN records?

ii. If yes, Will he be able to access NLR and GTR business unit records as they are the child BU's of AP?

Parent Child Business Unit:

Business Unit:

If a user has Parent Child BU level access , I know that user will have access to its business unit and its child business units and shared records to the user.

Confusion:

Can that user will have access to its child's child BU records?

Can that user will have access to its parents parent BU records?

Ex: As per above image User A has Parent child BU access with SOUTH INDIA

i. Will he be able to access NLR and GTR business unit records as they are the childs child BU's of AP?

ii. will he be able to access parents parent records?

please share you ideas.

Thanks in advance

Sreeni Pavalla

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Sreeni,

If a user has Business Unit access it means they will have access to ONLY the Business Unit which they are in.

This means User A will only be able to see records in South India, NOT AP, TG, TN, NLR, or GTR.

Parent Child Business Unit access means they have access to their Business Unit AND all Business Units in the tree under them.

This means that User A would have access to South India, AP, TG, TN, NLR, and GTR. They would NOT have access to INDIA, North India, MP, or DL.

Hope this is clear!

~ Atomic Coder

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Sreeni,

If a user has Business Unit access it means they will have access to ONLY the Business Unit which they are in.

This means User A will only be able to see records in South India, NOT AP, TG, TN, NLR, or GTR.

Parent Child Business Unit access means they have access to their Business Unit AND all Business Units in the tree under them.

This means that User A would have access to South India, AP, TG, TN, NLR, and GTR. They would NOT have access to INDIA, North India, MP, or DL.

Hope this is clear!

~ Atomic Coder

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:01 AM
  • Thank you Kumar, That helps

Sreeni Pavalla

Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:00 AM