none
Alureon.H viruS. HELPPP!!!!

Question

• The system I am running is Windows 7 Ultimate

I have the alureon virus.  I have been using forefront, and it detects it but it cannot delete it nor perform a smart clean.  An attempt to remove or perform smart clean leads to the following message:

Error encountered:

Code 0x80508026. This program can't remove a potentially harmful item from the contents of an archived file. To remove the item, you need to delete the archive. For more information, search for removing spyware in Help and Support.

Category:

Virus

Description:

This program is dangerous and replicates by infecting other files.

Advice:

Remove this software immediately.

Programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer were detected. You can still access the file without removing the threat, although this is not recommended. To do so, select "Always Allow" as the action and click the "Apply Actions" button. If this option is not available, log on as an administrator or ask an administrator for help.

Detected by:

Definition file

Resources:

rootkit:

Alureon->mssmbios

I have performed a search and found the archive file, and tried to delete it, but it did not work.  This virus is nasty and I've tried a lot of different avenues to try to clean it up, but it just keeps rearing its ugly head.  I need help bad.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:08 PM