Confused with Marketing Lists and Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Disclaimer: I am using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online.

I have created a Marketing List : "Account marketing List" and added the members as you can see in the below image.

Now when I open the Account form for A Store (sample) as seen in the below screenshot, I don't see the Marketing list in the Associated View of this account. Neither can I see the marketing list in the Look Up Records when I click on Add Existing Marketing List as you can see in the below 2 screen shots.

Am I missing out on something. The question is, even if they are related, why can't I see it under the associated view or even add it manually using the look up records window?

Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Gangandeep,

Is the marketing list marked as a static or dynamic type? Looking on my test system I would say only the static type marketing lists appear in the look up view & the associated view.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Gangandeep,

Is the marketing list marked as a static or dynamic type? Looking on my test system I would say only the static type marketing lists appear in the look up view & the associated view.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Paul is correct. The members of a dynamic marketing list are evaluated on demand and are not stored on the in the listmember table so it's not possible to see if a particular account/lead/contact is a member of a marketing list unless you open the marketing list member screen.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Brilliant Paul, thanks. Neil, thanks for the insight.
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:56 PM