Next step RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all (again),

In finishing MCTS for Windows 7 I am now wondering what to do next?

I would primarily be learning in a self taught fashion (as the network manager where I work is extremely protective over the systems she maintains (not that I’m to interested in Server 2003 anyway)) using the Microsoft Press books.

My main interests focus around SBS/EBS and Exchange server (maybe Virtualisation) as it seems that this is the way the world of small business is going at the moment.

So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look into next?

Thanks!
    James

Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:42 PM

Answers

• Hi all (again),

I would primarily be learning in a self taught fashion (as the network manager where I work is extremely protective over the systems she maintains (not that I’m to interested in Server 2003 anyway)) using the Microsoft Press books.

My main interests focus around SBS/EBS and Exchange server (maybe Virtualisation) as it seems that this is the way the world of small business is going at the moment.

Thanks!
    James

If you're not working with server's at the minute, I would say concentrate on the MCITP: EST for Vista and then the MCITP: EDA 7 for Windows 7.  I would also say look at Comptia's Server+ & Network+ certifications before doing the MS server certs, as they will give you a good solid base on which to build. 

Out of the exams for SBS/EBS, Exchange and Virtualisation (the 70-652).  I would say that the Virtualisation exam is the "easiest" of the 3, followed by the Exchange exam, then the SBS/EBS exam.  I say easiest out of the 3 as they are still hard exams, but just compared to each other.   

-Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by jamesfed Monday, October 5, 2009 8:23 PM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi all (again),

Thanks!
    James

If you're not working with server's at the minute, I would say concentrate on the MCITP: EST for Vista and then the MCITP: EDA 7 for Windows 7.  I would also say look at Comptia's Server+ & Network+ certifications before doing the MS server certs, as they will give you a good solid base on which to build. 

Out of the exams for SBS/EBS, Exchange and Virtualisation (the 70-652).  I would say that the Virtualisation exam is the "easiest" of the 3, followed by the Exchange exam, then the SBS/EBS exam.  I say easiest out of the 3 as they are still hard exams, but just compared to each other.   

-Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by jamesfed Monday, October 5, 2009 8:23 PM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Hi,
    Certainly sounds like a step in the right direction!
    Just ordered the Virtualisation book off Amazon so let’s see how this goes.
    If anyone else has any other suggestions I'm all ears :)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:14 PM