none
Streets and Trips 2010 saving very slowly RRS feed

• Question

• Lately when I go to save a route, it is VERY slow and I get the message "S&T-not responding". Sometimes, eventually it does do the save, other times I get fed up and close the program and lose the changes. I tried turning off my anti-virus, but it didn't help. The only recent  changes I can think of are MS Updates for IE and Win 7. I can't figure out what is doing this. Any help is appreciated.
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:05 PM

Answers

• I tried all of the above with no joy. S&T 2013 acted exactly like 2010. But, then I tried setting up a new map in 2013 (I use a template to set up weekly work routes) and it worked fine. Did the same in 2010 and all was good. So, it turns out it is my file that is corrupted.  Problem solved. Thanks for the input!
    • Marked as answer by asriel Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• This may sound crazy, but sometimes there's a printer issue where it may be trying to set or check the printer. See if you can change your default printer or delete any printers that don't exist anymore, delete any you aren't using, etc.

2nd it might be a network drive, delete any network drives that don't exist anymore, you don't use, etc.

Also, you might try a trial of a newer version of S&T, I think the latest is 2013. The software's inexpensive so if that solves the issue it's a cheap solution.

hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

Eric

http://www.mapforums.com

• Marked as answer by asriel Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by asriel Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:34 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 1:40 PM
  • I tried all of the above with no joy. S&T 2013 acted exactly like 2010. But, then I tried setting up a new map in 2013 (I use a template to set up weekly work routes) and it worked fine. Did the same in 2010 and all was good. So, it turns out it is my file that is corrupted.  Problem solved. Thanks for the input!
    • Marked as answer by asriel Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:58 PM