Problem with CRM - Reporting Services integration RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon!

I'm with this problem for 3 days already, and I need help!!

Every time that I upload a custom report in CRM 2011 and try to run it inside Dynamics i get a error.

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

OK, so I logged on the Report Service server, that is the same server that SQL, and look for the Log Files. In Log Files I saw the following error message.

Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'DATASOURCENAME'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'USERGUID'.

I realized that when I set the Login Name and Password at Report Manager as sa, the report works.

So anyone have a ideia about how to fix this problem? If CRM is trying to log on as USERGUID and pwd ORGANIZATIONID, it is not working.

Please Help!

Thanks

Não importa ao tempo o minuto que passa, mas o minuto que vem.

Friday, September 11, 2015 8:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Clearly using SA for reporting is not great because it's got way too much power and you don't really want the sa password anywhere if you can possibly help it. It's a security nightmare waiting to happen.

The simple approach is to add a read only user, make sure ad doesn't go and expire it's password and use that.

If some parts of your data shouldn't be seen by some people then that's a complication, but that's often not the case.

Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Thanks for your help!

The user that I set on the code didn't had access to Log On the server machine, as stated here Store Credentials in a Reporting Services Data Source

Problem solved

Thanks again!

Não importa ao tempo o minuto que passa, mas o minuto que vem.

• Marked as answer by Filipemd_s Monday, September 14, 2015 1:13 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 1:13 PM