LCDS on Windows 7 and XP RRS feed

• Question

• First: I tested LCDS on Windows 7 and it works great. I'm able to create and open courses I developed.

Question: I have not been able to successfully open any of the sample courses provided on the Microsoft IT Academy Program member's portal.  I then tested LCDS on an XP machine and I was able to open the sample courses.  

Perhaps courses created on an XP OS can't be opened by LCDS installs on Windows 7?

Looking forward to hearing from you -- let me know if you've encountered similar issues....and if you've found a fix for LCDS on Windows 7.

Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you tested LCDS was it loaded into a LMS? Was it SCORM compliant? Interested to hear how you tested it.

The XP/Windows 7 problem could be one of 32 versus 64 bit versions. I have experienced some problems with programs developed on 32 bit XP OS not running on 64 bit Windows 7 OS.

Regards…
    Friday, January 15, 2010 8:55 AM
  • after i downloaded LCDS what will i do again to veiw the lecture 
    • Proposed as answer by bammy Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:07 PM
  • after i downloaded LCDS what will i do again to veiw the lecture 

is anybody there?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Hi,
    Unfortunately the current sample courses are not compatible with Windows 7.  However, there will be a new batch of sample courses released very soon, which will work on Windows 7.  They should be released in the next couple weeks.  I will keep you posted!

Thanks,
    Stephanie
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:04 PM