Remove left over 'Live Mesh Folders' from Registry after uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 'dummy' 'Live Mesh Folder' folder in my user system folders (Documents, Music, Video ect) left over after uninstalling Live Mesh.  Right clicking does not show a delete option.  I am unable to delete it.  Is there a registry key I can delete to remove this?

This folder is no longer blue as when Live Mesh is installed and seems to have no image/icon associated with it just the generic unassociated icon.  Live Mesh seems to have uninstalled correctly in every other way.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:50 AM

Answers

• Hi j_mesh,

I've received some additional feedback from other team members on this.  The first thing to try (if you haven't already) is to logout (or reboot) and log back in.  If that doesn't work, you can look for and delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{E43D3BD9-4E60-4023-ABF9-B0D404851639
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UsersFiles\NameSpace\{E43D3BD9-4E60-4023-ABF9-B0D404851639}

Please let me know if either of these solutions works.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by GuyWithDogs Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:41 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This folder should have been removed during uninstall.  Would you mind checking to see if you have the Servicing log file (instructions are in the Announcement "How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs" at the top of the forums)?  If you do, please email it to lmprev@microsoft.com and describe the issue.  If you do not have the Servicing log, please let me know: I will follow up with our devs and get back to you here.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:58 PM
  • No I am afraid I don't have the servicing Log.  But I am almost sure it was an entry that was left over in the registry that is causing this.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:06 AM
  • Hi j_mesh,

I've received some additional feedback from other team members on this.  The first thing to try (if you haven't already) is to logout (or reboot) and log back in.  If that doesn't work, you can look for and delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{E43D3BD9-4E60-4023-ABF9-B0D404851639
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UsersFiles\NameSpace\{E43D3BD9-4E60-4023-ABF9-B0D404851639}

Please let me know if either of these solutions works.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by GuyWithDogs Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:41 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Seemd to do the trick.  Thank you.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:07 PM
  • Hi j_mesh,

I'm glad to hear it - and you're quite welcome.  I'm just happy that I was able to help; that's what I'm here for. :)

Ben.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:47 PM