Update does not apply to installed version. RRS feed

• Question

• KB944289 Setup Error

Update does not apply to installed version pops up when installing Power Pack 1.

My Home Server beta version was shut down. I had to quickly purchase my Home Server from a local computer store.

There were remote users who had to access  my Home Server.

Am I losing necessary features that enhances Home Server ?

Louis_D 

Email Address: louisd@davidsoncom.net

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    did this mean you have already performed a server reinstall with the purchased version?
    If yes, it could well be, that Power Pack 1 is already integrated in your installation media.
    Which are the version numbers shown in the console under Settings/Ressources?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    did this mean you have already performed a server reinstall with the purchased version?
    If yes, it could well be, that Power Pack 1 is already integrated in your installation media.
    Which are the version numbers shown in the console under Settings/Ressources?
    Olaf

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Hello Olaf,

Thanks for your response.

Here is the program list in the resources folder.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.36
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.24
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.24

I would appreciate it if you would scout around,  as I will also do, for the answer to Power Pack 1's importance.

Am I losing necessary and important features that enhances Home Server  with Power Pack 1?

Thanks,

Louis_D 

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Louis D said:

Hello Olaf,

Thanks for your response.

Here is the program list in the resources folder.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.36
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.24
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.24

I would appreciate it if you would scout around,  as I will also do, for the answer to Power Pack 1's importance.

Am I losing necessary and important features that enhances Home Server  with Power Pack 1?

Thanks,

Louis_D 

This is Power Pack 1 with the most recent updates including February's QFE. This is why you cannot apply the update. Windows Home Server RTM is 6.0.1500. Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 is 6.0.1800.0. The additional numbers beyond 0, mainly .24 and .36 indicate you have the additional updates we have pushed out since we released Power Pack 1.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Monday, March 23, 2009 10:28 PM
  • Louis D said:

Power Pack 1 is a critical update for Windows Home Server. Besides added features like Backup of the server shares to external drives also some bugs have been fixed, which may result in data loss in certain scenarios.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:04 AM