none
Product key and Anytime Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I left on a work trip and left my computer with my cousin. He called me and asked to completely restore the computer due to viruses. I said yes, but he used the Windows anytime upgrade cd without reading the box. Now I get the message "invalid product key". Whenever I try to change the product key to the one that came on the computer, it reverts back to the wrong key and will not let me change it. What can I do to get the original key working again?

Thanks,
                                                                                                                                        Bitz

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:20 AM

Answers

• The Anytime Upgrade CD will only accept a retail version product key.  It will not accept an OEM product key that is affixed to your computer.  In order to solve your problem, you can purchase a Full Retail version of the Windows Vista edition your cousin installed or else contact the manufacturer of your computer and ask them how to perform their recommended full Windows Vista recovery operation.

Friday, March 7, 2008 1:59 PM