transfer OneCare to a new PC RRS feed

• Question

• I recently replaced a PC, how do I register my new PC and remove my old PC from my 3 license maximum?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:09 AM

Answers

• Install OneCare on the new PC by going to http://onecare.live.com and installing it. Activate by clicking subscribe in OneCare and sign in with the *same* LiveID used to sign up on the first PC - the Subscription ID, which can be found under Help/About on the old PC.

When you have set up the new PC and no longer want to use the old PC, simply uninstall OneCare from the old PC via add/remove programs.

-steve

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:34 AM

All replies

• Install OneCare on the new PC by going to http://onecare.live.com and installing it. Activate by clicking subscribe in OneCare and sign in with the *same* LiveID used to sign up on the first PC - the Subscription ID, which can be found under Help/About on the old PC.

When you have set up the new PC and no longer want to use the old PC, simply uninstall OneCare from the old PC via add/remove programs.

-steve

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:34 AM
  • Will this work if all three licenses are installed?  [I have three computers on my current license. One of them doesn't run anymore, so I can't uninstall OneCare.  I'm getting ready to install its replacement and I would like to put OneCare on it.]

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Saturday, May 3, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Hi, Dave. Yes, you can simply add OneCare to the new PC per the above. Optionally, make one of the PCs into a Hub in a OneCare Circle and the PCs on your subscription will be listed in the Circle on that PC. You can then expand the details for the PC that is no longer running and select the link to remove the PC from the Circle. This is optional, though. As long as it isn't running on more than 3 PCs you are within the terms of the license agreement.

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:16 PM