Can't open a sample course RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!
    I've just downloaded LCDS and two sample courses - "Computer Basics" and "What's new in Windows Vista".
    When I try to open the courses, however, I get a message asking me if I want to update to a newer version of the course or to cancel the opening of the file. If I say I want to update, I get another message saying the access to the path "commreceive.html" wasn't allowed and a message about a scritp error. :-\
    Will you help me with that one, please?
    I've got Vista installed, if that could be an issue.

Thanks!

Monday, October 5, 2009 2:59 PM

Answers

• Thank you very much for the reply! I didn't know this option associated to running programs...
    Samples courses are working now!
    ;o)
    • Marked as answer by Luciana_RJ Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:25 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:25 PM

All replies

• I was able to use this after I made sure I was running the program as an administerator. Right click the shortcut> advanced button on the bottom > check Run as administrator
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Thank you very much for the reply! I didn't know this option associated to running programs...
    Samples courses are working now!
    ;o)
    • Marked as answer by Luciana_RJ Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:25 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as Luciana_RJ described it. Alas, running it as an admin did _not_ solve the problem. Any other suggestions??
    thanks,
    Michael
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:55 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue. I tried to open the course after opening LCDS as Admin, I am still getting the same error. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jas
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:41 PM