none
My Forums and My thread issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I couldnt see my last threads when i click on "My threas", Its empty. Also i couldnt open any of my forums, it saying access is denied.

Please advise.

Regards

Bala

Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Apparently this is a new problem introduced with the latest update. We will have to patiently wait till it will be resolved.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:51 PM
  • Myself and a colleague have the same problem :(
    Monday, January 14, 2013 1:55 PM
  • Microsoft: "Please wait..."

10 minutes later

"Please wait..."

10 minutes later

"Please wait..."

To be continued...

Who wants to continue reading?

Btw: I'm mentioning the time to wait depending on Naomi's reply.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Livio, are you offering to fix the problem? They might have a dev position open on their team if you want to apply. Do you have 20 years of development experience? =^)

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:32 PM
    Owner
  • I definitely would not qualify :) I am struggling with ASP.NET MVC and all related stuff a lot myself and I am working on much simpler application.

My blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:36 PM
  • BTW, I guess your problem was related with Partners forums and luckily it is already fixed. Please confirm you can see now your threads.

My blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:38 PM
  • Thanks Naomi! Its fixed now :)
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:01 AM
  • Good to hear this is fixed now. :)

@Ed

No, sadly I do not have 20 years experience of developement yet. It's just that the "Please wait..." introduction was one of the worst ideas ever, because it can make people angry of waiting time. :/ I would like there will be Light-Speed everywhere. The "Please wait..." function would silently disappear and not be used anymore.
    By the way, if I would join Microsoft with some rights to do anything. The first thing I would ask for is, if there's any way to level up the download/upload connection for other users. Everything else could actually wait.
    If you think into the future: Let's say we'll go on like this. In the future, there will be enormeous files and a very slow connection (comparing file and connection) so we will actually start waiting hours to download anything (because of the huge sizes) like back 15 or more years ago. That's just the way, if everybody is still leveling up connection and size like today.

If we would prefer to level up the connection, before leveling up files etc., then we will have less problems in the future.

Just mentioning that.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, January 18, 2013 7:43 AM
  • Good to hear this is fixed now. :)

@Ed

No, sadly I do not have 20 years experience of developement yet. It's just that the "Please wait..." introduction was one of the worst ideas ever, because it can make people angry of waiting time. :/ I would like there will be Light-Speed everywhere. The "Please wait..." function would silently disappear and not be used anymore.
    By the way, if I would join Microsoft with some rights to do anything. The first thing I would ask for is, if there's any way to level up the download/upload connection for other users. Everything else could actually wait.
    If you think into the future: Let's say we'll go on like this. In the future, there will be enormeous files and a very slow connection (comparing file and connection) so we will actually start waiting hours to download anything (because of the huge sizes) like back 15 or more years ago. That's just the way, if everybody is still leveling up connection and size like today.

If we would prefer to level up the connection, before leveling up files etc., then we will have less problems in the future.

Just mentioning that.

Download? Do you mean Windows or IE? I'm sure both teams have open dev positions.

Yeah, I've often wanted our computers to be connected to bike pedals or hand cranks so that I can crank them to move faster. =^)

It's a big problem though... hardware plus software plus configurations.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:06 AM
    Owner
  • I meant Windows. But whatever. As you said, it's a really big problem with hardwarde plus software etc.

I think in future there will be a genious, figuring out how to level up the connections everywhere, but this won't be me.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:47 AM