Access Edge doesnt work - R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i tried get an OCS 2007 R2 Edge Server up and running but it fails to connect from the outside.

I've got an OCS Edge Server with 4 NICs 1 internal 3 external (NATed). The first thing I want to try is the Access Edge Service.

I connected it with to the FE Server and starded the Validation Task:
    Everything even Validate SIP Logon and use auto logon is checked
    it finishs with warnings (no sipfederationtls Record).

But if i try to connect from the internet i get "Server not available"
    I traced the Packets on the AE Interface an saw Packets comming in but none going out.

There are no Errors or Warnings in the EventLog, did i forget something ?

thanks in advance
    Markus
    • Edited by Markus Sch Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:10 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 1:37 PM

Answers

• Can you telnet from an external host to the Access Edge external FQDN to the listening ports?  By default these are 443 and 5061 (client and federation connectivity).

Also you might need to take a closer look at how you have the default gateway and routes configured on the Edge server as the lack of response outbound packets might point to an incorrect routing configuration.

Typically with a multiple-NIC Edge server you'd want to have the default gateway set on one of the external facing interfaces and then us static routes to define any routable traffic back into internal segments.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Markus Sch Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:21 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:23 PM

All replies

• Can you telnet from an external host to the Access Edge external FQDN to the listening ports?  By default these are 443 and 5061 (client and federation connectivity).

Also you might need to take a closer look at how you have the default gateway and routes configured on the Edge server as the lack of response outbound packets might point to an incorrect routing configuration.

Typically with a multiple-NIC Edge server you'd want to have the default gateway set on one of the external facing interfaces and then us static routes to define any routable traffic back into internal segments.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Markus Sch Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:21 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:23 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.

I can not telnet from extern. I think telnet gets no response.
    Im gone check the routing the next days.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:13 AM
  • Hi Jeff

thanks it was a routing Problem ...
    The Problem is always something easy you don't even think of ...
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:21 AM