Is WHS 2011 susceptible to BlueKeep? RRS feed

• Question

• Is WHS 2011 susceptible to BlueKeep? My server doesn't seem to have any of the relevant patches when I look for the KB numbers involving BlueKeep and WS2008 R2.

Don

Saturday, September 7, 2019 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Home Server 2011 is based on Windows Server 2008 R2, KB/Hotfix which applied to WS 2008 R2 is also applied to WHS2011.

CVE-2019-0708 | Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability:
    https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang     

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:17 AM
  • I was hoping that some other user would comment on whether or not they have applied the patch and how it turned out. Since WHS2011 is still supported by MS, it's hard to understand why this patch is not automatically installed if it applies to WHS2011.

Don

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:44 PM
  • Hi,

Windows Home Server 2011 mainstream support ended in the second quarter of 2016. This means that Microsoft will no longer issue security updates for the Home Server-specific components that make up Windows Home Server 2011.

Quote from “Windows Home Server 2011 End of Mainstream Support”:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sbs/2017/07/03/windows-home-server-2011-end-of-mainstream-support/

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:29 AM