Where can I download a WHS 2011 Client Recovery Bootable CD or DVD Image? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

All I can find on the forums and from Microsoft is how to create a USB bootable recovery Flash Drive for a client computer recovery.  The computer I have to recover is having issues with the USB interface.  Is there an ISO image for a recovery CD for WHS 2011 and where can I get or create it?

Thanks,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:17 AM

Answers

• Ooops - re-read your question. Have you lost your recovery CD that came with the installation package?

I am not aware of a downloadable .iso. How about creating a bootable USB from the Dashboard and then using that to create an .iso which you write to CD. Not sure how or if it will work but it may be worth a try!
     Or borrow an original Recovery CD from someone you know who has WHS2011?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, February 13, 2015 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by RichLocus Friday, February 13, 2015 10:19 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 12:10 PM

All replies

• Ooops - re-read your question. Have you lost your recovery CD that came with the installation package?

I am not aware of a downloadable .iso. How about creating a bootable USB from the Dashboard and then using that to create an .iso which you write to CD. Not sure how or if it will work but it may be worth a try!
     Or borrow an original Recovery CD from someone you know who has WHS2011?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, February 13, 2015 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by RichLocus Friday, February 13, 2015 10:19 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Phil:

Hello, and thanks for your response.  You have answered questions for me in the past.  I actually needed a CD/DVD because the USB interface on the computer in issue is not working.  I purchased the WHS2011 and it didn't come with a recovery disk for some reason.

I was able to get a recovery CD from another owner of WHS2011.

Best wishes & thanks,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Friday, February 13, 2015 10:14 PM