How to specify order of synchronizing table data? RRS feed

• Question

• I am synchronizing bidirectional data between SSCE 3.5 and SQL Server 2005.  I am only synchronizing inserts and updates (deletes are not considered).  Due to referential integrity I need to synchronize table data in a specific order.  Is this possible with the sync framework?  If so then how is it accomplished?

Thanks,

Darrin Boyd

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:18 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, March 21, 2008 2:51 PM

Answers

• say for example if you have two table MASTER and DETAILS all the entries in DETAILS refer MASTER then

add syncadapter of MASTER into synadapter collection then DETAILS adapter.  You can also simply create config file any specify all the tables in order and read it from config.  so that if something change you can quickly change the config to address issue.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Darrin,

The order in which you add SyncAdapter to the SyncAdapter collection on the DbServerSyncProvider is exactly what you are looking for. Same with the client, the order of tables in the tables collection serve the same purpose.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:00 AM
  • say for example if you have two table MASTER and DETAILS all the entries in DETAILS refer MASTER then

add syncadapter of MASTER into synadapter collection then DETAILS adapter.  You can also simply create config file any specify all the tables in order and read it from config.  so that if something change you can quickly change the config to address issue.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:50 PM