OCS 2007 R2 Installation Failed [0xC3EC796C] RRS feed

• Question

•  started OCS R2 installation but the installation failed with the following errors.
      1. Activate Standard Edition server Fail: Failure [0xC3EC796C] One or more errors occurred during execution of the wizard; the wizard was unable to complete successfully. Please check the log file for more information
      2. Failure [0x80070421] The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Deployment Log

Time Logged: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:21:41 PM Expand All
    Collapse All

Action  Action Information  Execution Result 

Execute Action   Argument: /server
    Argument: /action:activate
    Argument: /unregspn
    Argument: /role:se
    Argument: /nostart
    Argument: /user:rtcservice
    Argument: /password:******
    Argument: /l:c:\docume~1\admini~1.nps\locals~1\temp\1\lc server[2009_06_12][18_21_41]_activate.html
       Failure
    [0x80070421] The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified. 

Activate   Global Settings Domain GC: Ready
    Local Computer Primary DNS Suffix: Ready
       Failure
    [0x80070421] The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified. 

Activate Standard Edition Server       Failure

Deactivate       Failure
    [0xC3EC7A3E] There are still conference directories associated with this pool when attempting to remove pool. Please move the conferences before removing the pool. 

I can find RTCService but RCTComponentService account is not present, which I was expecting. But I have TRCComponentUniversalServices in my AD

I run the installation with Domin Admin priviliges, so we can eliminate this possibility

During the installation, If i miss type password RTCComponentService, will it not create the account and subsicuently this problem occur. Is it a possibility?

What steps I can take now to resolve it and finish my installation? 

Please advice me what I have to do fix this

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:57 PM