Deploying a Standard Edition server, later moving to Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have installed a Standard edition server on our test domain, and everything works great. We are now ready to deploy a Standard edition on our production domain. Down the road, we would like the ability to move to an Enterprise deployment for the high availability. Is this possible? Is the schema/domain prep the same for both deployments?  Would it be as simple as removing OCS from our standard edition server and re-installing OCS and setting up an Enterprise pool?

-Seth

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:09 AM

All replies

• If you wanted to be able to move your users and address books to the Enterprise install then you would have to build an Enterprise pool on another server and do user moves. Schema is the same.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:34 AM
  • So I would actually set up my Enterprise servers while my Standard server is still running? Will all the changes I make to individual account OCS attributes stay when I change over to Enterprise?

-Seth

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:15 AM
  • Yes, the easiest way is just as described - build your Enterprise pool then move the users to the new pool.  Once all your users are on the enterprise pool you can can deactivate your standard edition server - or make it a director or other OCS role server.

The individual OCS attributes should stay the same, but i haven't tested that yet.
    Friday, February 22, 2008 6:45 PM