Windows Home Server Installation throws a BSOD (0x0000007B) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 on my Dell Zino HD. (I could only find a copy of Power Pack 1 in Technet Downloads). When i use my installation DVD, it takes me through the first couple of steps, detects all my SATA drives and formats them.

After copying installation files, it reboots and I get the dreaded 0x0000007B error. The subsequent error code indicates that it is a 0xc0000034 - This status code translates to STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND. This is the most common status code and is usually caused by a missing or corrupt driver. How to i determine what drivers i need to continue. Dell's list of drivers drivers does not have anything pertaining to SATA drives?

I was wondering what i needed to do, to proceed with the installation successfully. Does anyone have any recommendations.

• Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:20 PM installation question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:09 AM

Answers

• If it's the drivers it's most likely missing storage drivers. Please note you also need to provide these drivers at the beginning of the text mode install on a floppy disk (press F6 when prompted at the bottom of the screen to install additional drivers). Also please not you should leave the DVD in the drive until the installation is completely finished.

Alternatively you can set the drives to run in IDE mode in the system BIOS.

If it's not storage drivers please check if Windows Home Server (or Windows 2003) is supported on this machine, then contact Dell for appropriate drivers, or set drives to run in IDE mode.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• If it's the drivers it's most likely missing storage drivers. Please note you also need to provide these drivers at the beginning of the text mode install on a floppy disk (press F6 when prompted at the bottom of the screen to install additional drivers). Also please not you should leave the DVD in the drive until the installation is completely finished.

If it's not storage drivers please check if Windows Home Server (or Windows 2003) is supported on this machine, then contact Dell for appropriate drivers, or set drives to run in IDE mode.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:18 AM
  • I  set the drives to run in IDE mode and the installation completed successfully. Thanks for your reply.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:03 PM

nice thx for helping you are the best 
    • Proposed as answer by hugo555 Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:48 AM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 10:01 AM

I know the initial Q & A goes back to April 2010 but I just wanted to confirm that I had the same problem as initial poster, i.e. getting the Blue Screen of Death while trying toinstall Windows Home Server OS on Dell Zino, but after changing the the drives mode to IDE (ATA as it is in Dell Zino) the WHS was installed with no problem at all.

Thanks a ton 'brubber' for your great advice.

Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Of course you cut your drive I/O speeds in half.
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:58 PM