Remove old CRM 4 buttons which now is in new ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading from CRM 4 to CRM 2011, old ISV button are placed in a New ribbon called "<formname> for ISV"

How can I get rid of this ribbon? Do I have to edit XML directly? I try to use Visual Ribbon Editor but the ribbon is not visible from the editor.

CRM Consultant/Business Advisor at Skill AS in Norway
    RockStar365 profile

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hey,

Yes, you will probably have to edit the XML directly. The current version of the Visual Ribbon editor does not show custom tabs (including the upgraded for ISV tab).

An alternative to the Visual Ribbon Editor is the Ribbon Workbench (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx). I am not sure whether it shows custom tabs (I suspect it does). Give it a go if you don't want to edit XML directly.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Hi, 

Usually these buttons are kept in a separate tab on the form, hence when your using Visual Ribbon Editor, choose Ribbon Type as form, 

and look for a another tab on that form, It may contain the buttons

Please mark as answer if it answered or vote as helpful if it has helped 

Thanks and regards 

Darrel dcosta

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:34 AM
  • Hi - Yes, the Ribbon Workbench will be the easiest way of editing these buttons and will allow you to completely delete the ISV tab. The Visual Ribbon editor will not allow you to do this.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:43 AM
    Answerer