MS CRM 4.0 and Fax integration RRS feed

• Question

•  

Afternoon all,

I've done quite a bit of searching for info on CRM 4.0 and fax integration and haven't come up with anything solid so I figure'd I'd ask the experts. We've got a client running RightFax as their fax software of choice who are looking at bringing in CRM 4.0 professional. In a perfect world, they'd like to have a fax button inside of CRM that would allow them to send out attachments as faxes or send them as part of workflows, etc.

The only thing I've seen is a snap in for 3.0 that allows CRM data to be sent to Outlook or Word and the fax be sent from there, and an Attach to CRM button records it to history, but this does not appear to be available in 4.0. Of course, SBE has built in fax integration but they need to run the Professional edition.

So my question: is there any MS approved fax integration solution outside of Small Business Edition? Or is it something that would have to be handled with custom development?

Thanks

Rob

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi.

The SBS Fax connector is not included in MSCRM 4.0.

I can't figure out why but MS has a SendFax method to their SDK. So I'm keeping my hopes high that sometime in the near future they will release the MSCRMFaxRouterService that was available in the SBS Edition.

As for now, it seems you'll have to develop the solution your self either by using your clients RightFax or Microsoft Fax services.

Cheers,

Adi

• Marked as answer by Matt Parks Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:14 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi.

The SBS Fax connector is not included in MSCRM 4.0.

I can't figure out why but MS has a SendFax method to their SDK. So I'm keeping my hopes high that sometime in the near future they will release the MSCRMFaxRouterService that was available in the SBS Edition.

As for now, it seems you'll have to develop the solution your self either by using your clients RightFax or Microsoft Fax services.

Cheers,

Adi

• Marked as answer by Matt Parks Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:14 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:19 AM
  • Dear Rob,

So far there is no MS Solution for fax integration, its seems work for MS CRM 3. there are some functions available and hopefull MS Will release some add on for this.

All is through your custom development.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:54 AM
  • One thing to consider, since CRM 4.0 is fully integrated with the MS Office mail merge, you can do a mail merge and use Word to fax with any Windows faxing solution.

Also, considering many of the faxing solutions work with Exchange, you could use one of the Email fields to hold the fax info in the proper format and route to fax that way.

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:36 AM
  • Rob,

Did you find a solution allready?

Currently I'm in the same situation as you explained. So I'm also looking for a solution to integrate CRM 4.0 with Captaris RightFax.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Gerard

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:41 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Matt Parks Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:35 AM
  • Hi Rob,

I am at the same point as you, nearly a year later. Did you solve the puzzle? How?

Regards,

Rick
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Hi Rob,

This reply is a bit late, but we just wrote a real small component so you can use to fax activity with ms crm 4.  The component converts to the fax to an email email with attachment(s) so you can use any fax smtp service avail on the Internet.

http://blog.powerobjects.com/2009/05/29/powerfax-%E2%80%93-the-power-of-a-fax-for-crm-dynamics-40/

Al

alex
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:07 PM
  • Hello Rob,

Dynamics CRM 4.0 does not have a direct fax integration per say.  However, the work around it is not so hard either.  It just takes a little bit of ingenuity.

Here are the steps I did to integrate Dynamics CRM 4.0 to a fax server (Either Microsoft Server or any fax server third party) system.

1. Install CRM 4.0 Outlook client from Microsoft site (Easy to download and to install)

2. Configure a Microsoft Server (This is a down to earth basic system PC) Simple to put together or sign up with a third party like Send2fax (Really cheap).

3. As you already know, CRM has reports, campaigns, marketing items already built-in.

4. You need to run CRM through Outlook after installing the client.

5. Find the report or marketing item you want to fax, export the item through CRM as a PDF then under file menu attach PDF to e-mail and under the e-mail address you can type in the fax number you want to send it to sample: 3605551212@fax.yourcompany.com then click send.

At this point, the fax server or the third party fax service company will process the PDF as a fax, dials out through the line then rings the other site.

I use it everyday and works well.  You always will receive an e-mail back confirming delivery date and time.

Hope this help!

Best,

Tony

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hi Tony,

i am trying add fax for CRM 2011, can guide me on the process. Also suggest a fax service.

Thanks,

Surya N

Surya N MS CRM Consultant Locus IT Services.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:10 AM