$29.95 promotion for subscribing before Jan 31st? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I received a message announcing this promotion a few days ago.  Is it true?  How do I subscribe at this rate?  Every time I try it mentions a $49.95 subscription price.  What's the deal?
    Monday, January 28, 2008 5:47 PM

Answers

• You need to use a special link from a beta tester thanks email that was sent out. Once you sign in, you provide payment information and you then download a special installer to install OneCare. Subsequent installs would be via the normal route for adding a computer.

Personally, if you are in the US, there are currently several deals from retails. I posted about one today - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2753263&SiteID=2

And I read that Amazon is currently offering it for 29.95 with a $30 rebate, but you must buy from Amazon, not from an affiliate/partner supplier. It is not showing in stock right now at Amazon, too.

There are other deals also available from retailers.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:33 PM

All replies

• You need to use a special link from a beta tester thanks email that was sent out. Once you sign in, you provide payment information and you then download a special installer to install OneCare. Subsequent installs would be via the normal route for adding a computer.

Personally, if you are in the US, there are currently several deals from retails. I posted about one today - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2753263&SiteID=2

And I read that Amazon is currently offering it for 29.95 with a $30 rebate, but you must buy from Amazon, not from an affiliate/partner supplier. It is not showing in stock right now at Amazon, too.

There are other deals also available from retailers.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Best Buy has a retail copy onsale this week for $19.99.

Monday, January 28, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:20 PM
  • I had a trial version of OneCare installed on two of my machines and now that it's nearly up, I got the same message promoting the subscription at $29.95 . I dismissed the message thinking I could take advantage of it before the end of Jan. but now can't get it to come again and have no way to go back to that offer!

Any ideas on how to do this? I don't want to buy the boxed product - just purchase a subscription online!

Thanks,

Candide

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:35 PM
  • I am, unfortunately, unaware of any link to this offer if you didn't take advantage of it. Since I'm not using the trial, I never saw the offer, either.

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:36 PM