Sandbox Service Account & SPN RRS feed

• Question

• Last time I ended up using the network account for all services as I had issues with the SPN configuration. This time around I would like to use a separate account for the sandbox and the planning guide for CRM 2013 says the following:

The service account may need an SPN for the URL used to access the website that is associated with it. To set the SPN for the Sandbox Processing Service account, run the following command at a command prompt on the computer where the service is running.

SETSPN –a MSCRMSandboxService/<ComputerName> <service account>

I have a few questions about this command:

* I assume the computer name is the name of the computer where CRM is being installed.
    * What is the computer name? Is it just the name (like CRMServer) or the FQDN (like CRMServer.[domain].local)?
    * What is the service account? Just the account (like SandboxService) or the full name (like [domain]\SandboxService)?
    * What it the URL they are talking about and where do I plug that in?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• 1. <ComputerName> refers to the computer running the sandbox service.

2. It is a better practice to create 2 SPN's one with the server name and another one with the FQDN.

3. The full domain name - domain\username

4. This is the URL the sandbox service is communicating with - it knows this URL from the installation process - no need for extra configuration here.

Good Luck

• Proposed as answer by TZ00KI Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:02 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• 1. <ComputerName> refers to the computer running the sandbox service.

2. It is a better practice to create 2 SPN's one with the server name and another one with the FQDN.

3. The full domain name - domain\username

4. This is the URL the sandbox service is communicating with - it knows this URL from the installation process - no need for extra configuration here.

Good Luck

• Proposed as answer by TZ00KI Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:02 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:18 AM
  • Thank you. I did follow this and will know later on if it worked or not.
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:02 PM