Cannot Get In Touch With Microsoft Rep Over The Phone To Activate My XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seriously baffled at whats currently going on with my fresh install of XP Pro my 160GB HDD just died and so I bought a new Seagate 500GB drive fitted it installed XP. About a week ago before the 160GB died I created a new slipstream disc of my XP Pro, I decided to use my last slipstream disc as the main files and add just a small amount of updates I needed about 20 from MS.

I tweaked a few things I removed MSN Explorer, Blaster Worm thing, Security Center, Tour, Search Dog & thats about it. Now I installed XP added my legit key and went to activate it and it says it's not legit need to call them last time I did a fresh install was 9 months ago. Since that time I have upgraded my CPU from a Phenom 9550 to the 945 and updated my G.card from a 8600GT to a 9600GT.

I thought it was all tide to the motherboard your XP Install????? I am baffled, I have tried 3 times over the phone and it will not send you to a rep anymore how do I get it activated I paid for it and I am not about to pay £95 for another key when this one is legit. It passed all the geniune tests with no issues there all green across the board even Office is even thou I use Open Office.
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:08 PM

Answers

• "Nakatomi-Uk" wrote in message news:07b624b6-2b97-4f1c-a663-00410bf480c6...
    I'm seriously baffled at whats currently going on with my fresh install of XP Pro my 160GB HDD just died and so I bought a new Seagate 500GB drive fitted it installed XP. About a week ago before the 160GB died I created a new slipstream disc of my XP Pro, I decided to use my last slipstream disc as the main files and add just a small amount of updates I needed about 20 from MS.

I tweaked a few things I removed MSN Explorer, Blaster Worm thing, Security Center, Tour, Search Dog & thats about it. Now I installed XP added my legit key and went to activate it and it says it's not legit need to call them last time I did a fresh install was 9 months ago. Since that time I have upgraded my CPU from a Phenom 9550 to the 945 and updated my G.card from a 8600GT to a 9600GT.

I thought it was all tide to the motherboard your XP Install????? I am baffled, I have tried 3 times over the phone and it will not send you to a rep anymore how do I get it activated I paid for it and I am not about to pay £95 for another key when this one is legit. It passed all the geniune tests with no issues there all green across the board even Office is even thou I use Open Office.
    I'm assuming you have an OEM System Builder disk as the base for your slipstream?
    It's quite normal to be asked for phone activation if you've already activated a Key a few times - it's just a check that you've not put it on a number of systems.
    When you get on the phone do NOT input anything  in response to the request - simply hold. This forces a live operator to respond, who can deal with your problem.
    If no joy, run the MGADiag tool - copy/paste the report in your reply.
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:41 AM