none
Error message back to cmd.exe RRS feed

• Question

• We have written an application that loads Excel and runs a macro and it runs on an HPC grid.  If the process fails for any reason, we would like for the "Failed Message" to show up in the Compute Cluster Job Manager screen.  Any idea how to have our application get this message returned to the Job Manager?  I see there is a cmd.exe the starts up our process on the server, but attempts to return messages to stdin, stdout and stderr were unsuccessful.  Returning a "-1" return code does make the job show up as failed in the Job Manager, but no message. 
    Monday, December 15, 2008 2:41 PM

Answers

• Since there hasn't been any reply here I'm going to close the thread out. If there is a new question please start up a new thread and we'll take a look at it.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:51 AM

All replies

• I need to know how you launch the job and it's task. It sounds like you are launching a job with a single task and want the error message returned somewhere. In general you need to provide both a /stdout and /stderr location for this imformation.

I created just such a job and even though my ipconfig command generated an error the message was sent to stdout, not stderr and the job console did not show the message. Care to share the macro that launches the app?

Let me know if this helps.

Frankie

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:48 AM
  • Since there hasn't been any reply here I'm going to close the thread out. If there is a new question please start up a new thread and we'll take a look at it.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:51 AM