Is Windows Live OneCare for Server the same as WLOC for SBS? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Small Business Server 2008 and I purchased a site license for Windows Live One Care for Server and Clients. I get about 500 errors a day saying that DCOM can't reach a pc on my network. All paths lead to OnceCare.

the SBS DIVA indicated that I should have the SBS Server version installed, but I can't tell if I do or not. Can someone tell me how to verify my One Care version number, whether there is a difference between Server and SBS versions, and if so, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance for any input.

jase 

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:42 AM

Answers

• If OneCare is running on the Server, it is OneCare for Server.

The Site license for client computers uses the same subscription LiveID to link the clients to the site license. If OneCare is "green" on the server and all of the client PCs, the DCOM errors may not be OneCare related. If you open OneCare on each PC and click Help/About you will see the Subscription LiveID that the PC is activated with.

If you need help determining if the errors are due to OneCare, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:32 PM