none
Unable to install Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I installed WHS yesterday and had a drive failure. So I had to replace the drive and reinstall the OS. Well that is when the problem started. Now I am unable to install the connector software on my laptop. It starts the install and then I receive an error message telling me to run it from \\Server\software\HomeServerConnector . When I do that I receive a message stating that I am unable to run package directly need to run setup.

What do I need to do so I can get the connector installed? Because server is running with out a monitor and I don't want to have to go purchase one just to access the server.

Jeff
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• Are you running setup.exe or another file in that folder?  What version shows up in the resources tab ....console>settings?

Still.....

Grey
    Monday, January 12, 2009 3:13 PM

All replies

• Jefdav86 said:

Good afternoon,

I installed WHS yesterday and had a drive failure. So I had to replace the drive and reinstall the OS. Well that is when the problem started. Now I am unable to install the connector software on my laptop. It starts the install and then I receive an error message telling me to run it from \\Server\software\HomeServerConnector . When I do that I receive a message stating that I am unable to run package directly need to run setup.

What do I need to do so I can get the connector installed? Because server is running with out a monitor and I don't want to have to go purchase one just to access the server.

Jeff

What is the exact error message you get when running it from \\server\software\home server connector software?  Did you try copying the setup.exe file to your laptop and running it from there?

Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:29 PM
  • I had a similar problem when some drives dissappeared. When i checked the connector folder in the software share, half the files were missing. The only way i could get them back was to un-install powerpack 1 then re-install it.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Are you running setup.exe or another file in that folder?  What version shows up in the resources tab ....console>settings?

Still.....

Grey
    Monday, January 12, 2009 3:13 PM