How to delete look up field from MS CRM Dynamics. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to delete look up field from MS CRM dynamics.

I have added account look up in Lead form and i am unable to delete that look up filed.

I have to delete that field from dynamics crm.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Ketan.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Before you attempt to delete any field, make sure it doesn't have any dependencies, like it's not added to any form, view, referenced in any script, etc. Also, if you have made the lookup field a Business Required and added to the form, make sure you make it Optional before removing it from the form or else you will not be able to remove it.

Best way to check dependency is select the attribute, go to "More Actions" and select "Show Dependencies".

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Yes i have checked its showing Dependencies with account form.

And how to remove that Dependency can you please help.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Dynamotion,

I have lead Entity in which i have added account look up field and i am not able to delete now.

How to remove Dependency.

Thanks,

Ketan.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your dependency window?

Also, what you say means you created a 1:N (Acccount:Lead) relationship in Lead. Is that field mandatory? Follow the steps below:

a. If mandatory, first make it Optional from Business Required. If not skip this step.

b. Remove the Account Lookup from the Form(s) and View(s) where you have it added.

c. Go to 1:N Relationships and remove the relationship. (You might skip this if you plan to use it later)

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Hi Dynamotion,

I have deleted One which i have created.

Please explain for given.

How to remove dependency with users now in this field i have connected with system users.

Now if i don't needed this field anymore then how i can remove or delete.

Thanks,

Ketan

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

Did you try the steps I mentioned in my earlier post? It shows that the field has dependencies on the Lead form and the relationship. The steps I mentioned should do the job.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:12 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

If that relationship with system users is out-of-the-box, you cannot remove the relationship. However, you can try to remove it from the form or even hide the field on the form.

If that relationship is not out-of-the-box, follow similar steps as you followed for lead.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:22 AM
  • Dynamotion,

What is  out-of-the-box, i dont know .

Thanks,

Ketan

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

The relationship with the system users, did you create it manually? Also, did you try following the same steps for system user like you did for lead?

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:18 PM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:47 AM