How to start Refund Process RRS feed

• Question

• This OneCare product is the first MS software I will not continue to use. I have it installed on 3 computers and have uninstalled one and will be uninstalling the other two when I catch my breath from trying to resolve the problems with the 2.0 update. Strange things are running and taking up resources. One computer runs dw20.exe endlessly. The second computer is running processes at random using resources for indexing. I just haven't had the time to check the third computer.

This software had run flawlessly with version 1.6. Now, with 2.0 I have spend hours and hours investigating and trying to fix the problems and talking with support in India. Sorry but ROI has just tanked and I believe a refund is in order. 

Has anyone started to check on the refund procedure from Microsoft.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:02 AM

Answers

•  TheFinalInstall wrote:

This OneCare product is the first MS software I will not continue to use. I have it installed on 3 computers and have uninstalled one and will be uninstalling the other two when I catch my breath from trying to resolve the problems with the 2.0 update. Strange things are running and taking up resources. One computer runs dw20.exe endlessly. The second computer is running processes at random using resources for indexing. I just haven't had the time to check the third computer.

This software had run flawlessly with version 1.6. Now, with 2.0 I have spend hours and hours investigating and trying to fix the problems and talking with support in India. Sorry but ROI has just tanked and I believe a refund is in order. 

I'm sorry that you've encountered problems following the 2.0 upgrade and that they have not been resolved with support. If you purchased online within the last 30 days, a refund can be had by contacting support. If you purchased a retail copy in North America within the last 30 days, the refund process is to call 

North American Retail Product Refund at 1-888-673-8624

I don't know the process for other regions.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:01 PM

All replies

•   Can't give info about refund,but will say OC 1.6 ran great then got the 2.0 update can't do scan,can't do tuneup because scan won't complete over a month now still in yellow.My scrip.runs out in a few months if this problem can't be addressed soon MS won't get another $50.00 bucks from me!! Yeah $50.00 bucks won't hurt the Giant but maybe when enough of their customers take their money elsewhere someone will start to question this stupid move!!!!!!!!!

.............................Unprotected in Indiana..........................

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:22 PM
  • why was my post deleted??  Don't complain about MS they will delete your post!!

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:29 PM
  • I suspect that you can obtain a refund if you choose to cancel your subscription due to problems encountered with the upgrade to 2.0. You will have to contact Customer Service (support) for this.

Perhaps:

A. the original title tripped some combination of filters in the MS servers and got dumped. or

B. gremlins got it or

C. someone is just looking to p. you off or

D. all the above

I always prefer C. it gives me an inflated ego to think that there is a fleet of people whose sole task in life is to p. me off.

Its better to be paranoid and wrong, than not paranoid and wrong.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:08 AM
  •  Longhair wrote:
    why was my post deleted??  Don't complain about MS they will delete your post!!

I don't see any deleted posts by you except for this one:

"If you complain your post will be deleted!!!!!!!!!! " which I believe you deleted yourself.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:58 PM
  •  TheFinalInstall wrote:

This OneCare product is the first MS software I will not continue to use. I have it installed on 3 computers and have uninstalled one and will be uninstalling the other two when I catch my breath from trying to resolve the problems with the 2.0 update. Strange things are running and taking up resources. One computer runs dw20.exe endlessly. The second computer is running processes at random using resources for indexing. I just haven't had the time to check the third computer.

I'm sorry that you've encountered problems following the 2.0 upgrade and that they have not been resolved with support. If you purchased online within the last 30 days, a refund can be had by contacting support. If you purchased a retail copy in North America within the last 30 days, the refund process is to call 

North American Retail Product Refund at 1-888-673-8624

I don't know the process for other regions.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:01 PM
  •  

Similar problems here and many friends having bad issues too with this onecare 2.0 upgrade. It was a neat programme til this aweful upgrade came along. This pc had red status tonight telling me my other pc was having problems but other pc told me it was ok along with green status..

Previously after big install problems I tried centralised backup but that gave me red status on both pcs so had to reinstall yet again to get it back to green... I cannot use any of the new goodies in their upgrade or I'll get red status again. I will monitor the situation over the next two weeks until the fixes are ready but if they don't work I will certainly claim a refund and look elsewhere..

I have to say I'm very surprised at Microsoft releasing such a defective product upgrade that is bound to reflect in future diminished sales.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:37 AM
  •  

Well I totally agree with Bobbtbear, as it crashed two of my pc's and I uninstalled on one then reinstalled and managed to get it working.  I was lucky but a refund if it doesn't improve please.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:38 PM