CRM 2011 On Prem - Accounts/Contacts and Preferred Service RRS feed

• Question

• I was reading through the CRM 2011 User's Guide and it was talking about Preferred Service, Preferred Facility/Equipment, or Preferred User.

Was this feature nixed? Because I'm not finding it..

Here's the content:

Can I do this task?

This task requires permissions that are found in all default service scheduling security roles.More information about specific permissions and performing this task while offline: Service Scheduling Permissions

You can provide personalized customer service for your customers by recording their preferences regarding services and service times. These preferences become the default criteria the next time that a service activity is scheduled for the customer and shown in the Form Assistant pane.

1. In the  Navigation Pane, click  Workplace, and then under  Customers, click either  Accounts or  Contacts.
    2. In the list, double-click a record.
    3. Under Information, click Common.
    4. Under Service Preferences, click the customer's preferred time and day for appointments from the lists.
    5. Click the Preferred Service, Preferred Facility/Equipment, or Preferred User box to search for the this information. You can click the Lookup button
    6. Click Save or Save and Close.

• Edited by thatCRMgirl Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:29 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you not able to see those fields (Preferred ServicePreferred Facility/Equipment, Preferred User) on the Account/Contact form? These are OOB attributes, may be the fields are only removed from your form? 

Ronald

• Marked as answer by thatCRMgirl Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:10 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you not able to see those fields (Preferred ServicePreferred Facility/Equipment, Preferred User) on the Account/Contact form? These are OOB attributes, may be the fields are only removed from your form? 

Ronald

• Marked as answer by thatCRMgirl Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:10 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:07 PM
  • My oversight! I was looking for them as an option to add in the Navigation on the form.

Thank you!

Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:10 PM